Car window repair is always associated with extra expenses and of course, introduction of new problems. While the idea of having to deal with car window repair doesn’t seem so much fun because there could be someone who intended to break into your car in order to steal your phone, or it could be a random rock that had hit your windshield pretty hard, no matter what the reason is—it should be fixed as soon as possible. In order to do so, a good rule of thumb is to call multiple car shops and pick the one that could offer an excellent service at a reasonable charge.
However, talking about car window repair isn’t just getting to choose the car shop that offers the cheapest estimates because there is more than that. There is no available governing body that regulates the auto glass replacement so you have to choose carefully because there are no certifications, licenses or even qualifications that you could use.
You need to make sure that you are dealing with the right company because your windshield does not protect your face from the strong wind and bugs, it can also save your life. So, here is everything you need to know when it comes to windshield replacement.
- Anyone can call themselves an expert when it comes to windshield replacement. If you only wanted to choose the best auto glass shop in your local area, it is highly recommended that you visit the safewindshields.com because they can provide a list of all certified auto glass shops that you can trust. All you need to do is to put your zip code and they will give you a list of available auto glass shop in your area.
- After you have chosen the auto glass shop that you wanted to deal with, you should inquire about the type as well as the bran of the glass that they are going to use. Some reputable shops will take their time in explaining and differentiating the generic piece of glass from an original equipment glass. If you have a really nice car that you’ve worked hard for, you should only choose the piece of glass that is branded.
- It’s always advisable that you inquire and verify their credibility. Before you let them start their work, they should be certified by the AGRSS first. Make sure that you know the type of urethane that they are going to use as well as the brand of the urethane. Also query about the cure time and the certification of their manufacturer. The urethane will be responsible for keeping your windshield in place so you have to make sure that it is in high quality and it cures in about one to three hours only.
- After you have verified that they are really credible in doing the job, you should also ask about their warranty cover. A good auto glass shop is more than willing to provide a warranty on the procedure that they are going to conduct as well as the warranty on the parts that they are going to use in replacing your windshield. Typically, their warranty cover will take on any defects that you have detected on the newly-replaced windshield.
- You can also judge the credibility and their professionalism by the way they handle your first time over the phone. If they appear to be friendly and calm, you can assure that they will be able to assist you with every problem that you wanted them to address with you, but if they sound rude, it is much better to look for someone else because it’s not comfortable working around with them.